It's Only Wednesday

It's Wednesday aka Hump Day. One Hump or two? This peculiar tag dates back to the 1940's but was made Dictionary Official sometime between summer camp cocktails in the 1960's.  A bit of tarnishing and garnishing and it's moved from Kiddie Camp  to Adults Only.

Recent studies of Millennials have noted a decided lack of humping due to virtual world interference.  This may save the planet but put Family Planning out of a job.  Imagine the conversations of parents with teenagers "get off your phone and go have sneaky sex!" and the rebellious comeback "you can't make me, your not the boss of me!"

This generation is all about being your "true Self". That may have been slightly misinterpreted giving birth to the Selfie phenomenon . It's helpful there are plenty of Apps to ensure your  True Self  is properly edited and enhanced prior to divesting all to the world.  Progress. Ever notice how teenagers these days have no acne? In the virtual world all is perfect and there is lots to Like. But, some days, I have to wonder if all that truth is just Fake News. 

Our generation was Out There. Acned and bell-bottomed we put serious effort into trying to Find Ourselves. Everywhere, anywhere. It was hopeless stopping someone in the street for directions, everyone was lost! I vaguely remember finding myself under a table once during Uni days. May have had something to do with too many vodka shots, but on the bright side, I found myself! I even managed to make a career out of "getting lost" in strange places and finding myself in stranger ones.  That was the great thing about our generation, we were so damn sure eventually we Would find ourselves, somewhere. The bliss of hope..

There is a lot to Like on social media and in the Virtual World. Busy, busy, busy. Some days, Liking it all is enough to make anyone start Twittering..  Gone are our days of coffee fueled study nights. Caffeinated debates solving world problems while devouring cheap fries slathered in gobs of mayo and ketchup. Conversations, arguments, sex.  I think the Millennials are missing some good things.  Sometimes, I just wish they would Get Lost..
And, it's only Wednesday...

Comments