Traveling Through Time

"I'm Late, I'm Late" shouts the White Rabbit as he disappears down the Hole and leaves Alice to her choices... Such a clever man, Mr. Carroll.  Like Alice, we are all given Timely choices.  We choose, our current reality or, that of others. We choose to Travel or, Visit.  I, personally, am a Traveller. (Careful with that label in Ireland, leads to all sorts of mis-adventures! What's in a word indeed...) For madcaps like myself, who wander down mysterious winding alleys and are enticed by unmarked paths, it's the closest one gets to inter-dimensional travel.  Dr. Who would approve.

Coffee, and recently wine are my companions in Time Travel. ( Yes, my friends, am Still a 2 Glass Knockout!)  Between the two of them, time loses its hard lines. Borders, between people and places blur, Time expands.

Our current Times seem to have one thing in common. A general "WTF"??!! broadcast of so-called "news", (aka Alternative Facts), that sets my teeth on edge like a rabid dog wanting to bite someone.  Aside from the overall stupidity of it, mostly we are losing choices and Time over it all.  Walls are being "built" and borders fenced. Time is being boxed, labelled. Our passages through it are littered with implied security and suspicion.

A few weeks ago, an old friend, Ali, sent me a Magic Carpet. It arrived, across Time, in my virtual mailbox. I do Love living in Magical Times!  ( What Would our great grandparents have thought of all of this? Imagine the days of Shakespeare.. Although, I do believe he and good ole Francis Bacon would be cool with it, not sure about their general public..)  So. There it was. Rippling with intent and an invite to time travel again..

It was Serendipitous.  What a Word! ( You All know how I love playing with words, my favorite toys.) In 1754, Horace Walpole was in a magical place of his own and, across Time, gifted us a word. "Serendipity".  Inspired by an old Persian fairy tale, (Amir Khusrau's "Hasht-Bishisht"(1302) then translated into- Italian (Serendipity hits again) as the "Three Princes of Serendip") he wrote his friend, the Princes were "always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things which they were not in quest of".

So, I chose to accept both the invite and, the impulse to follow in the Princes footsteps. This Time, to Italy...

Stayed tuned for the Next Chapter in our -Travels Through Time...

Comments