Pre New World Order

The sun is deceptively shining in my corner of the planet. I have tuned out (shock and horror) of the shadows that creep across the radio, tv and general swirling conversations.  Election Day, just around the corner of my eye, where I momentarily choose not to look.

What can be said about a country that is supposed to lead the world, when it's own people have lost all hope and belief in the "system"..  Endless, repetative accusations of rigging, hacking and downright idiotic slander.  I vaguely recall from my legal days, all of these things were once considered, "illegal".  I can't even begin to define that word any longer in a current context.  Last week, in my own small rebellion, I hauled four crates of law books into the local book trader.  Hundreds of dollars spent in hard earned knowledge, bound in dark embossed leathers.  Trade in value = $50.  There is a moral to that story somewhere in the events of today.

Ensconced in my Local Bubble of Weirdness,  I a still seeking some version of the truth.  Why? Hell, sometimes I no longer know. It''s enough that a part of me that still cares.  I have crossed the world in more than a geographical sense.  Time has ebbed and flowed around me,  with each life created, with each place explored I find there are no coincidences in this infinite universe.   Once again, I am full circle in my thoughts and bottom line question.  What is the f-ing point of all this idiotic parley.  I still push out a chair with my booted foot and say "sit down and tell me what you feel, what you Think.."

 I love the pink hair ( our grandmothers preferred bleached blond) but despair of the predictability of life's expectations.  When did we "settle" and agree that "less is more". When was intelligence exchanged for black and white directives.  Hate them, hate her, hate him. Hate anyone who dares to disagree with your hate.  Emotions that burst out of those boxes and lines other's have drawn up.  I don't need politicians to tell me what to think and feel.  I am quite capable of hating on my own.  Prejudice, stupidity, fundamentalism, greed. I have plenty of things I can hate without adding more to the pile.   Give me something instead to, love.  Give me honesty, honor, truth and, laughter.  Give me hope..

Tomorrow someone, One or The Other, will draw new lines for the world to follow.   New pawns will be sacrificed in the Game and we will change our hair to purple or green.  Oh, new Generation, is that the Best you have to offer your Future? I think I will go with Rainbow and a short cut please..

On the brighter side of Pre-Election musings, I  have found, AT lAST, a Real Chai!!! Whoo Hoo!  I close my eyes and am driving up the mountains to Darjeeling.  A shambled, roadside hut brushing the road, blaring horns and the best chipped cup of chai in the world...  My memories have transformed to blue lights, a paved road and paper cups.  The essence of dreams remain captured, forever, in the scent and taste..

Other lives, other loves, other cups of chai... I will have coffee later... xxx







Comments