Thursday morning, my predominate themes is- cold. I miss the Middle East these days, not just the food, but the searing heat. Heat simply makes you tired, slows you down, creates a certain mental and physical lethargy. Cold makes you miserable. It is in-escapable, sliding into every uncovered minute crack and spreading inward. It rattles the mind, insisting on full attention, without respite.

My fingers are cold, my hands are cold and my nose is cold. Makes all of me cold.  K is buried under all our blankets and jackets. So long as he remains asleep, he will dream of warmth. The act of waking seems to attract the cold's attention.  Like a moth to a flame. (An odd but good analogy, if one thinks about it.) I will let him rest a bit longer and hope the sun comes soon.  We are travelling again today.  A small ironic smile to myself. People envy us?  For travelling?  Will trade all the spires, cathedrals and castles for a warm hearth and home, and a job.  Think Blue will have to go. I am shedding bits of life as we go along, like a snake shedding it's skin.  We are not, however growing, but shrinking...

Here comes the sun. Time to Rock And Roll..

Signing off.


Comments