Old Friend, Blue

Feel like the weather, we both keep changing. Up with the sun, down with the rain, and just keep going,all around. Life Is a Merry-Go-Round. Getting dizzy without being tizzy...
Thinking  "Blue", my un-played guitar, might need to find a new home. After being asked the umpteenth time if I can play and saying - "ummm, no-long story" -maybe should consider parting company. Practically speaking, guitars, while easier than pianos, don't always 'come along' easily.  "Blue" and I have been together around the world. And even if I don't play anymore, it's been an ice-breaker many times.  Nothing like music to break all barriers. And, like a good book, Blue and I are old friends...Don't know what I mean to Blue, but that guitar symbolizes hope in the future to me.  Hope of maybe stopping somewhere  and learning to play again..  Hope.  We all live on it.  Maybe I'll hang on to Blue a little longer.

German improving at a rapid rate of knots, though with some words, of the mile-long variety, I tend to revert to a mumble and hope to glide past. If I get tagged as an "Auslander" (succinct translation= Outsider) I drag in the generations of now defunct and deceased German family. Just because ex-parents did a flit in the night, well, we had little choice in the matter. There are enough skeletons is our family to fill a private graveyard.
I would happily rattle a few if it would help.
Aim to update K's history lessons with a quick visit to the old family site. At least if we don't know where we are going, he will have some idea of where he came from. Castles are always full of ghosts.

Virtual suit back on, Brainstorming.  Jobs for an English speaking German, who is not an Auslander.  Found a jewel in the library. English book of English family law.....some very good cases to cite. Words are like jigsaw puzzles, play around with the pieces and make them fit to pictures.








Comments