Tea Around The World

It's amazing, to me as a Coffee Addict, how many Tea places I seem to end up in. We left of trail of lost baggage behind us in Australia and are sitting now in the lush English countryside with the required cup of Earl Grey.  Scones included, of course. The phone rang yesterday with the hopeful news of restored baggage.  I was seriously wondering if the pythons had won the last round and swallowed the lot.  Sitting here with a  borrowed fleece and foot cosies, I wonder why I am concerned. After all, Queensland, Australia attire will Not make a  positive fashion statement here..   Shock and Awe perhaps...

Nevertheless, we are comforted by familiar things, whether appropriate or not. In this odyssey of ours over the past two years, our suitcases, battered and beat as they have become, identify us and have been the familiar touchstones along the road.

I am defending what is left of our American Constitution.  "Life, Liberty and - The Pursuit Of Happiness"  Travelling is about life. Seeing it, feeling it, living it. In all the extremes.  Liberty, travel is the very essence of it. We are liberated from our old thoughts, ideas and physical restraints.  This leads us to the Pursuit of Happiness.
Richard Cumberland wrote, in 1672 that " promoting the welfare of our fellow human being is essential to our own pursuit of happiness" . Honestly, yes, I have found happiness in helping others. But it has not brought me to the Final Gate of happiness yet.   John Locke indicated that  "the highest perfection of intellectual nature lies in a careful and constant pursuit of true and solid happiness."" Or, to simplify, it's all in our heads.  Can't say as I agree 100% with that one either.
Philosophy aside, I am travelling across our Blue Globe, in Pursuit of Happiness. As I pursue it, there are moments, days and times of joy, and equal ones of sorrow and travail.  I only know one thing.  So long as I pursue it, there is hope.
So, my friends, a cup of tea in hand, let us pursue the dream on this our Blue Globe.


Comments