Coffee, Tea or Kombucha

No Can Do.  Kombucha that is. It ranks with sauerkraut. An acquired taste of Love it or Hate it forever. I hate sauerkraut and, kombucha. There, I said it. Hunt me down and I still won't take it back. You can't make me!

Toe in the tepid water, there it is, I Tried, I really did. But, we just don't get along. Not going to "butcha" my poor tastebuds any further. We are Not a matcha made in heaven.. I quick trot past the kombuchers and I hide and slide into the next door Tea Shop.

 It's amazing, to me as a Coffee Addict, how many Tea places I seem wander into these days. Is tea the new coffee? Orange is the new black, 50 is the new 40..Everything "vintage" is new again.  That makes me a spring chicken..  I may revert to toddlerhood after finishing my turmeric CBD infused on-tap tea experiment. Alternatively I might end up seeing Unicorns. Like medicine, drinking this made my forehead wrinkle and my lips pucker. No resemblance to my beloved Chai of Delhi memories.  I am a One Cup Coffee kind of girl and in pursuit of my happiness.

In the American Constitution we are promised; "Life, Liberty and - The Pursuit Of Happiness" .  Nobody bothered defining life as in "quality of" and happiness is a personal state of preference. Pursuit, now that is pretty clear, something to chase.  No promise made on actually catching it, but we are allowed to freely pursue. I  pursue coffee.

Travelling is about chasing life. Seeing it, feeling it, living it. In all the extremes. Escape from our proscribed 9-5 reality cage.  Travel gives the very essence of Liberty. We are liberated from our old thoughts, ideas and physical restraints.  A leap from coffee to kombucha, leaving our comfort zones and tasting new options even if we don't like them. At least we tried. Sometimes we don't to have to board a plane to be in a "foreign" country, just pop into the corner cafe.

See you later...














Comments