Serendipity or Coffee..

It's a double shot of my favorite drug this morning. Tea was a temporary aberration. We all knew I would fall off that wagon... Fortunately, a recent "scientific" article shared by a friend on FB, gave me ample proof that with a combination of coffee and red wine,  I could live forever. As we all know FB is the leading expert on life and feel good cliches. Pick your poison...

Recent events on the world stage ( and a stage it is!) gave me a neurotic push to close the curtains on the influx of alternative facts, at least temporarily. Blue skies and solar eclipses are much more fun.  As, this time, it does not portend the End of the World ! Whoohoo Party!!  (I believe the next earth demise is scheduled for October as "Nibiru/Planet X" collides with the earth..) 😎

I love walking around cities, looking up. People flow around me, eyes glued down to technology, as I bump along admiring cornices and fire escapes. Escapism is a thought process and life style.
Currently my days are filled with herding cats and chasing monkeys. I can't claim it's "not my circus, not my monkeys" since I started this particular circus by opening my big mouth. WHEN will I ever learn.. Ha. Not likely!
It seemed safe enough. At the time.  Coffee gossip careening around politics. Bumper car conversation. With sage nods over cinnamon donuts, we agreed Something needed to be done to get people talking to each other again. SOMETHING.  Oh dear. Red rag to this non-bull. Bored of the bullshit.  They say if you "stir the pot"prepare for the shit. That sounds soooo negative!  I prefer is to view it as a  good cooking. We all know what happens when you walk away to watch Game of Thrones and forgot dinner was on the stove! Well ( a deep hole in the ground) my Circus is flying it's flags.  My unavoidable organizing DNA is having daily freak-outs even as it moves forward.  At this moment, and moments are short, my mad event; The Business of Diversity is a sell out. Now all I have to do is make sure everyone plays nice in the Sandbox. Not being black, ( have been told that as a single, white woman am not Diverse enough) it's a definite challenge.  As if being a single mom bumping around the world for 20+ years wasn't enough of a challenge.. 😉  I digress...

All is good in Portlandia.  Suits and crocs are friends, summer concerts clash with pop-up protests and life just puffs along.  Will have a few whiffs as I walk down the sidewalk and debate on a my opening speech and what to wear. Am so NOT into crocs....If you were here, I would invite you to join my madness.. it's always fun!

Oh, and pass the coffee pot, closely followed by the wine... Must be sure I survive all of this! :)

Comments