Coffee, Bannanas & Other Weird Stories

Have popped out of my Cave again, to entice you to continue wandering down the weird paths of life with me, following a trail of coffee cups.

When first this mad caper began, (damn-how many years?!) with cracked heart and child in tow, travelling through a collapsed world economy, imagination could never have allowed for the adventures and roads traveled... 🗺

Coffee has been the only consistent road sign leading to amazing people living their own adventures, quaint coffee shops with delicious aromas and flavors that will never be found in any homogenized Starbucks.  My quest for coffee is an odyssey of life.
Today, the sun is shining and in seeking a new abode, found my coffee ( cup With handle) comfortably embedded amongst organic bananas, poppy seed bagels and local music.  Disguised as local food co-op, my drug of choice this morning steams with cinnamon and fresh cream. In the midst of a bustling city, I have stepped back into the 60's.

Nostalgia is all the rage these days. The "new" fashion statement.  Old becomes new. Is this a yearning for a "simpler" life or, the human need to re-connect to people vs technologies?  I remember my mother, Hannlore, in the 80's treasuring her stiletto heels. A solitary rebel defying the fashion of club heels.  "They will be back". She was right. History and fashion do constant circles.  We seem to forever yearn for the seeming comfort of the past. As years pass time blurs the edges of memory. The sharp shards of reality, like beach glass, get worn into pretty bits to collect.

I have nostalgia for those blurred moments in my own life.. small child hands and sticky hugs. Musical nights with wine and friends, glowing green seas and white villages on blue mountains...

Who knew, that a cup of coffee could create such a life!  I think this is one "bad habit" I will keep, for the sake of all the nostalgia yet untasted..


Comments